Have you ever opened a refrigerator and smelled a very foul odor of spoiled milk this is an odor that can make the whole inside of the refrigerator smell horrid. Now lets take this same horrible smell illistration and lets say that you spill milk on your carpet and are unable at least at the moment to remove it completely. You blotted it up as best you can, but what is the best way to make sure it is removed completely so their is no odor? Here are some instructions below that will be helpful to remove sour milk odor from carpet.
1. Blot as much of the pill as possible with terry cloth towels do not use colored towels bring a plastic bag with you so that you can replaced the soiled towels into it until you are done cleaning the area.
2. Cover the area of spilled milk with baking soda liberally all over the affected area.
3. Mist the area with a spray bottle filled with cold water to dampen the baking soda.
4.The baking soda should be just damp, do not over- saturate.
5. Allow the damp baking soda to stay on the affected area over night or until it is completely dry.
6. Scrap the area in the morning using a dull tablespoon to loosen the baking soda from the carpet.
7. Vacuum the entire area to remove the baking soda and your problem should be solved. Also to remove the sour milk odor from carpet may require some additional flushing with water and blotting.
8. If this home remedy does not work entirely to your satisfation repeat this process again, or call a professional carpet cleaner for assistance. At KleenSmart Carpet Cleaning Fayetteville Arkansas 72701 we have at least 24 years of experience in removing diffficult stains and spills. Removing sour milk odor from carpet sometimes requires stronger cleaning solutions that may not be available to the average homeowner. Plus if the milk spill is large enough and has soaked deep into the carpet, it may require hot water extraction with professional equipment to flush it out of the fabric completely, and a deodorizer may need to be used after the cleaning to get rid of any left over odor. Call the professionals at KleenSmart Carpet Cleaning if assistance is needed at :1-800-846-5608. Also keep in mind that with the smell of sour or spoiled milk comes the bacteria that is associated with it. So it is now out of the realm of general carpet cleaning and will require procedures that can decontaminate the affected area. So be sure your carpet cleaning technician knows how to address this issue.